Terminal Manager - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing unmatched quality service to our customers and employing quality employees. Our services include Courier Services, Light LTL, and Third-Party Logistics to the province of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland. We are currently looking for a Terminal Manager based out of Corner Brook, NL.
MBW Terminal Managers oversee the terminal’s operations. Duties typically include coordinating freight, verifying and reviewing paperwork, assigning responsibilities to employees, enforcing compliance of policies and communicating with customers to provide updates and resolve issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and oversee the work of staff members to ensure efficiency and compliance with organizational requirements and company procedures;
- Monitor and direct all dispatching activities, including tracking, routing and dispatching transportation vehicles;
- Conduct ongoing safety audits, meet with individual staff members, attend company safety meetings and participate or direct other work activities designed to promote work safety and encourage continuing education among staff members;
- Implement changes to transportation services, policies or scheduling as needed;
- Ensure staff members fully and consistently comply with safety rules, administrative procedures and policies, environmental policies, union contracts and government regulations;
- Initiate and direct investigations to resolve shipper or customer complaints and verify their authenticity and accuracy;
- Collaborate with staff members and fellow managers to create, modify and implement goals, procedures, policies and objectives when the opportunity presents itself;
- Establish and conduct monthly, quarterly or annual employee training sessions on a variety of subjects, including quality improvement, hazardous material handling, computer use and employee orientation;
- All other duties required including but not limited to logistics and deliveries, customer service, hiring and training and regulatory compliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience required;
- Must have a good understanding of the trucking/courier industry;
- Must be well-versed in supply chain management and fulfillment;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Able to pro-actively problem solve, prioritize and redefine priorities when necessary;
- Time management skills;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits and pension package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Jessica Wilson
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Terminal Manager” in the subject line
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.