Terminal Manager - MBW Courier
MBW Courier Inc. (“MBW”), is a Nova Scotia-based company, servicing businesses across Atlantic Canada, offering same day delivery service, direct to consumer delivery, next day delivery service, dedicated service on demand and logistics through its eight strategically located terminals. MBW is part of the Municipal Group of Companies, which is a diversified organization engaged in all major aspects of heavy civil construction, mining, environmental and transportation services within the Atlantic Provinces. MBW is currently looking for a Terminal Manager based out of Moncton, NB.
MBW Terminal Managers oversee the terminal’s operations and are responsible for on time delivery. Daily duties typically include coordinating freight, verifying, and reviewing paperwork, route efficiency analysis, assigning responsibilities to employees, enforcing compliance of policies, and communicating with customers to provide updates and resolve issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and oversee the work of staff members to ensure efficiency and compliance with organizational requirements and company procedures;
- Monitor and direct all dispatching activities, including tracking, routing and dispatching transportation vehicles;
- Conduct ongoing safety audits, meet with individual staff members, attend company safety meetings and participate or direct other work activities designed to promote work safety and encourage continuing education among staff members;
- Implement changes to transportation services, policies or scheduling as needed;
- Ensure staff members fully and consistently comply with safety rules, administrative procedures and policies, environmental policies, union contracts and government regulations;
- Initiate and direct investigations to resolve shipper or customer complaints and verify their authenticity and accuracy;
- Collaborate with staff members and fellow managers to create, modify and implement goals, procedures, policies and objectives when the opportunity presents itself;
- Establish and conduct monthly, quarterly or annual employee training sessions on a variety of subjects, including quality improvement, hazardous material handling, computer use and employee orientation;
- All other duties required including but not limited to logistics and deliveries, customer service, hiring and training and regulatory compliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years of supervisory/management experience required;
- Must have a good understanding of the trucking/courier industry;
- Practical experience using the Microsoft office suite;
- Experience using a digital scanning platform for order tracing and delivery;
- Must be well-versed in supply chain management and fulfillment;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Able to pro-actively problem solve, prioritize and redefine priorities when necessary;
- Time management skills;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits and pension package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attention: Jessica Wilson
Please reference “Terminal Manager Moncton” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.