Traffic Control Person — Eastern Traffic
Eastern Traffic, part of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. Eastern Traffic is currently seeking Traffic Control People in several locations across New Brunswick.
In this role you are responsible for regulating road traffic at temporary workplaces to keep the area safe for workers and motorists. The TCP is responsible for using a Stop/Slow paddle to indicate whether motorists must stop prior to entering the temporary workplace or to proceed with caution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and effective direction of traffic through a temporary workplace;
- Maintain open communication with other TCP in the temporary workplace to regulate traffic;
- Ensure that public traffic has priority over work-related traffic;
- Report unsafe acts regarding traffic movement;
- Provide assistance to pedestrians crossing work areas;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Must have valid accreditation (TCP card) or be willing to obtain
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, days, nights and weekends
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Willingness to learn construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely and professionally is a condition of employment.
- Must have reliable transportation to job sites
How to Apply:
Eastern Traffic Services offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, advancement and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume:
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.