Traffic Control Personnel — Eastern Traffic
Based from Bedford, Nova Scotia, Eastern Traffic Services is actively hiring Traffic Control Personnel. We are looking to add members to our teams in Bedford, Truro and across New Brunswick in Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton.
Traffic Control Person (TCP)
In this role you are responsible for regulating road traffic at temporary workplaces to keep the area safe for workers and motorists. The TCP is responsible for using a Stop/Slow paddle to indicate whether motorists must stop prior to entering the temporary workplace or to proceed with caution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the safe and effective direction of traffic through a temporary workplace;
• Maintain open communication with other TCP in the temporary workplace to regulate traffic;
• Ensure that public traffic has priority over work-related traffic;
• Report unsafe acts regarding traffic movement;
• Provide assistance to pedestrians crossing work areas;
• Be aware of surroundings at all times;
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
• Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
• Ensure safety of fellow employees;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
• Must have valid accreditation (TCP card) issued by Provincial Traffic Authority;
• Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
• Willingness to work in a team environment;
• Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
How to Apply:
The Municipal Group offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, advancement and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org