Traffic Control Supervisors — Eastern Traffic
Eastern Traffic, part of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for numerous Traffic Control Supervisors to join our team and help oversee our Traffic control operations across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and effective direction of traffic through a temporary workplace;
- Responsible for the establishment of safe work areas for workers during road construction;
- Implementation of a traffic plan in accordance with the NS Temporary Workplace Traffic Control Manual or an approved Code of Practice;
- Maintain Temporary Workplace during course of work shift to stay in accordance with TCM or Code of Practice;
- Management of traffic control personnel and equipment on site;
- Troubleshoot issues or potential issues with Temporary Workplace during course of work shift;
- Work with foreman/superintendent to establish working plan for that day’s operations or future operations;
- Completion and submission of various reports, consisting of, but not limited to: timesheets, Toolbox Meetings, Daily Hazard Assessments, work orders;
- Documentation of site activities, inspection logs, incidents and violations;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- No Experience necessary, successful applicants will receive training and accreditations.
- Training will be provided to receive accreditation (TWS and TCP card) issued by Provincial Traffic Authority;
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, days, nights and weekends
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely and professionally is a condition of employment.
- Full Training program will be provided.
What we offer:
- Above average competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits and pension plan;
- Company provided training and development;
- Opportunities for growth in other areas of the company;
- Corporate discounts;
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Lyndsay MacDonald
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Traffic Control Supervisors” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume, quoting the position title.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.