Traffic Control Supervisors — Eastern Traffic
Eastern Traffic Services is currently looking for numerous Traffic Control Supervisors to join our team and help oversee our Traffic Control operations across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the safe and effective direction of traffic through a temporary workplace;
• Responsible for the establishment of safe work areas for workers during road construction;
• Implementation of a traffic plan in accordance with the NS Temporary Workplace Traffic Control Manual or an approved Code of Practice;
• Maintain Temporary Workplace during course of work shift to stay in accordance with TCM or Code of Practice;
• Management of traffic control personnel and equipment on site;
• Troubleshoot issues or potential issues with Temporary Workplace during course of work shift;
• Work with foreman/superintendent to establish working plan for that day’s operations or future operations;
• Completion and submission of various reports, consisting of, but not limited to: timesheets, Toolbox Meetings, Daily Hazard Assessments, work orders;
• Documentation of site activities, inspection logs, incidents and violations;
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
• Ensure safety of fellow employees;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
• No Experience necessary, successful applicants will receive training and accreditations.
• Training will be provided to receive accreditation (TWS and TCP card) issued by Provincial Traffic Authority;
• Willingness to work in a team environment;
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
• A valid Class 5 Licence is required for the position.
• Full Training program will be provided.
How to Apply:
The Municipal Group of Companies offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, advancement and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume via email to: email@example.com