Truck and Transport Mechanic - Dexter Construction
Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Truck and Transport Mechanic based out of Saint John, NB.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular maintenance and repair for all transport trucks, including repairing and rebuilding engines and transmissions; diagnosing and repairing air brake, suspension, steering, and electrical systems
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of transport truck and truck-trailer systems
- Inspect brake systems, wheel bearings, steering components and other engine parts, and perform repairs as required
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications
- Help prevent breakdowns by checking, cleaning, and oiling machine parts regularly
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Candidates who have completed Interprovincial Red Seal Mechanic Certificate or in the process of completing the blocks are required
- Truck and Transport Mechanic Red Seal Endorsement
- Truck and Transport Mechanic Trade Certification
- 1 – 2 years’ similar experience preferred
- Class 3 Drivers License
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Attn: Emily Turnbull
Via Email: email@example.com
Please reference “Truck and Transport Mechanic Saint John” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.