Worker/Operator Snow Operations - DNA Operations
Position Title: Worker/Operator – Snow Operations
Work Location: Antigonish or New Glasgow, NS
Reports To: Depot Manager
Dexter Nova Alliance (DNA) has been awarded the contract for the Design Build (DB) and Operations, Maintenance & Rehabilitation (OMR) associated with the twinning of Highway 104 across Eastern Nova
Scotia from New Glasgow to Antigonish. DNA Operations will be responsible for the OMR of approximately 64 kms of Highway 104 from New Glasgow to Antigonish over a 22-year period, effective June 1st, 2021.
DNA is looking for a highly motivated individuals to join our Project team in the role of Part-Time Worker/Operator for Snow Operations for the 2021/2022 season. Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Worker/Operator will be responsible for the following:
- Removal of snow and ice by using snow removal and/or sanding equipment
- Safely operate snow plowing trucks and equipment
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment
- Participate in training for maintenance equipment, as required
- Basic housekeeping and cleaning of shop and maintenance facilities
- Perform administration duties such as reporting and recording hours of work and equipment pre/post trip inspections
- Follow Quality, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and best practices
- Be an active contributor to a positive safety culture committed to training and best work practices
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience
- Minimum Class 3 license with air brake endorsement
- Two years driving experience at a Class 3 or higher. Completion of recognized professional driver training is considered an asset
- Previous snow plowing experience is preferred
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, driving and/or walking. From time to time, the employee may be required to lift heavy objects (50-75 lbs.) for short periods as well as be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee may be working in highway and road work zones, exposed to nearby high-volume traffic movement.
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume. Applicant review will begin immediately.
Qualified individuals for this position should forward a resume, quoting, “Snow Ops Worker/Operator” to:
Attn: Chelsey Haley
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.